Written on 12/12/2021/ Barotac Viejo, Iloilo, Philippines
Note: The recollection below has been written by my sister, Atty. Retzel Amour C. Villaruz, whom we fondly call Nenen Amour.
When I was pregnant with Pipay*, I craved for Chippy** while watching all those shows on TV, especially the Bayani Juan segment on Eat Bulaga*. I asked my husband Wilmer to buy me some; but when he got home, he bought me Mr. Chips** instead. I was so disappointed because my taste buds were longing, craving for the snack. I told him I'll name our kid Chippy, so how could he have forgotten to bring me Chippy but bought me Mr. Chips instead.
Tita Beb consoled me and said: "Baklan ta ka, karon ah." (I'll buy some for you in a bit.)
When Tita Beb got home later on after her shopping trip, she brought me two big red bags of Chippys. Thing is, they turned out to not be as tasty as I craved them to be, but Tita Beb was always looking for me and gave me everything I needed, even for my yet unborn Chippy, aka Pipay - as in Chippy Pie.
Pipay* - the nickname for my sister's second daughter/child (she has 2), Romeryque Zoarsie
Chippy & Mr. Chips** - popular Filipino snacks/crisps brands manufactured by Universal Robina Corp.
Eat Bulaga* - A popular, long-running Filipino Noontime variety show that my sister and I grew up watching.
Comments
Post a Comment